[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]John Magro has equalled the long-standing record for most-consecutive race wins in the Australian Formula 3 Championship, his comprehensive victories in today’s two races in Round 4 of the AMRS at Sydney Motorsport Park taking his streak to 12 – level with the tally achieved by Ben Clucas in 2006.

Magro led from lights-to-flag in both today’s races, taking the victories ahead of Josh Buchan. Reilly Brook was third in Race 2, but damaged his front wing in Race 3 when he collided with Gerrit Ruff at Turn 2. The incident forced Brook into retirement, and also necessitated a pit-stop for Ruff to replace a punctured tyre, enabling Shane Wilson to finish third outright, and Roman Krumins to take the win in the National Class.

Aaron Seton completed a clean-sweep of the penultimate TA2 round with another pair of victories in Races 2 and 3. Seton led every lap of both today’s races; his closest challenger was Nathan Herne, who scored a pair of second-place finishes to take second for the round.

George Miedecke was third in Race 3, but slowed with a mechanical glitch in Race 4 and fell to ninth; he still scored enough points to finish third for the weekend, just ahead of Hugh McAlister.

The fourth race was interrupted by a Safety Car when Shaun Richardson’s car stopped at Turn 1, causing a grass fire.

Aaron Prosser opened a 13-point advantage in the Mazda RX8 Cup standings by securing the round victory with another race win.

However, the round was marred by a nasty crash which caused Race 3 to be red-flagged and declared a non-event, Terry Lewis losing control of his RX8 at Turn 1 and crashing into the inside wall at high speed.

Prosser took the win in Race 4 to secure the round victory ahead of Lachlan O’Hara (who scored his best result in the series). Matt Chick was looking good for a podium before he suffered a flat tyre in Race 4; taking advantage was Daniel Reynolds, who secured third overall with a trio of top-five results. Maisie Place was a retirement with a last-lap crash.

Nick Kelly scored the overall GT-1 Australia round win with a measured drive to third place in Race 1, followed by a charging victory in Race 2.

In both races, Kelly had to fight his way forward due to having a long compulsory pit-stop time, but clawed his way through the field with some effective passing moves to secure the round win from Matt Stoupas, who moved into the series lead by finishing second overall.

Vince Muriti finished third to make it an all-Audi R8 podium, despite losing time with a spin early in Race 2.

The consistent John Goodacre ended the weekend as best of the MARC I cars ahead of debutant Bayley Hall and Tony Groves.

James Burge completed a comprehensive round win in the Stock Cars by notching up another pair of race victories in his Oz Truck, pulling clear of Brett Mitchell and David Hender, who finished second and third in each race.

The most entertaining battle was in the mid-pack, Danny Burgess, Robert Marchese and Luke Wall squabbling over fifth, sixth and seventh positions.

As with the Saturday races, it was John Walker and Linda Devlin who again shared the race wins in the East Coast Mini Challenge races. Walker won Race 3 after Devlin retired with a mechanical issue, but Devlin charged from the rear of the field to take the win in Race 4.

However, Devlin’s DNF cost her valuable points, and it was Walker who took the overall round win ahead of Iain McDougall and Jim Campbell.

An ecstatic Jaiden Maggs picked up two more Utes race wins to claim the overall round win in the category aboard his Sieders Racing Commodore.

Ian Chivas ended as the best of the Saloon Car runners aboard his BA Falcon.

*All images courtesy of Insyde Media[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]

Aaron Seton completed a clean-sweep of the penultimate TA2 round.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]

Nick Kelly scored the overall round win in GT-1 Australia.


Share this post