The Benalla Auto Club Group of Companies (BACG) comprises:
- Benalla Auto Club Inc
- Benalla Auto Club Group Pty Ltd
- Wakefield Park Motorsport Pty Ltd
- Australian Auto-Sport Alliance Pty Ltd
- Winton Motor Raceway Pty Ltd
- Hi-Tec Oils Super Series
The operations of the Benalla Auto Club Group (BACG) also include its online websites and social media pages (Facebook, Instagram), incorporating automated event entry, ticketing, bookings, licensing, insurance, membership applications and renewals and online retail sales. These websites include, but are not limited to:
Benalla Auto Club Group (BACG) respects your privacy and is committed to the protection of your personal information. This Policy outlines the policy of BACG in managing personal information which it holds. In summary, Personal Information is information relating to an individual which can be used to identify that individual.
BACG is a Propriety Limited (Pty Ltd) company and is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). BACG is also bound by the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) (Spam Act) which regulates the sending of commercial electronic messages such as by email or SMS. BACG is effectively owned and controlled by the membership and Committee of the Benalla Auto Club Inc (BAC).
1. Why does BACG collect personal information?
BACG collects personal information in order to carry out its functions and exercise its responsibilities to conduct its business in the manner set out by Members.
2. About whom do we collect personal information?
The type of personal information BACG may collect and hold includes (but is not limited to) information about:
- Patrons and prospective patrons of BACG Events
- Drivers, riders and other participants in on-track and off-track activities at BACG Events
- Members and volunteers of the Benalla Auto Club
- Representatives of racing, car and motorcycle clubs who participate in BACG Events
- Persons with whom BACG comes into contact in the course of conducting its business and
- Employees, consultants and contractors and prospective employees, consultants and contractors
3. What kinds of personal data do we collect?
In general, the type of personal information BACG collects and holds includes (but is not limited to ) names, addresses, contact details, occupations and other types of information (depending on how you deal with us) which assist us in planning and conducting our business, planning, providing and marketing our services and
meeting our legal obligations. In most cases, if you do not provide personal information we request from you, we may not be able to provide information to you about BACG Events or supply relevant products or services.
4. How do we collect personal information?
BACG collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you by phone, email, meetings, correspondence or from application forms you have submitted to us
- BAC membership applications
- From third parties such as credit reporting agencies or your representatives
- From publicly available sources of information, including sources on the internet
- From service providers who manage the services we provide to you (for example, ticketing agencies)
- From our own records, including our financial, customer, member, volunteer, employee and supplier databases
5. Website data collection
BACG collects personal information from its web sites through subscription. These web sites will from time to time contain links to other web sites. BACG is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
6. How might we use and disclose your personal information
In general, we may use and disclose your personal information in order to:
- Operate and manage the BACG Events
- Conduct our business, including for marketing and research purposes
- Provide the services you require (including charging, billing and collecting debts)
- Enter you in our competitions and promotions
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved, and involve you in such processes
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure (including testing and upgrading of these systems)
- Research and develop our services
- Communicate with you
- Prevent a threat to health or life
- Investigate suspected unlawful activity
- Comply with our legal obligations
We will generally explain how BACG will use or disclose your personal information at/around the time we collect such information from you.
When you provide BACG with your personal information, we will add your details to our mailing list for the purposes of direct marketing (either by post, sms or email), so that we can send you information about BACG Events, our services and other items we think will be of interest to you. If you prefer that we not use your details in this way and you have received a form from us , please complete the relevant section on the form or email and return it to us.
Otherwise, please let us know by sending an email or phoning us on 03 5760 7100. If you send any BACG business an email you will be supplying your name and email address and those details will be used by BACG if a response is required to the email received from you.
7. To whom might we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as mailing houses) and organisations that carry out our planning and research activities
- Relevant authorities where:
needs to be passed on to investigate the activity
- The disclosure is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law
- Anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it
8. Management of personal information
BACG takes reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. BACG staff are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals. Where we no longer require your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify such information.
Depending on your reason for dealing with BACG (for example as a member of Benalla Auto Club, patron, supplier, consultant or employee) specific issues may arise with respect to the types of personal information we collect and our handling or that information as a result of those dealings. We will generally provide you with more details about why we collect particular personal information, who we tell and why we tell them when we ask you to provide us with your personal information.
9. How do we keep information secure?
To keep information secure, BACG safeguards its systems in the following ways:
- Multi-level passwords to protect access to our networks, workstations, bank accounts, emails, logins etc
- Anti-virus protection stops threats before they reach our computer network
- Scheduled anti-virus, anti-malware and anti-Trojan scans or our servers
- Firewalls that prevent unauthorised access or ‘hacking’ of our networks
Secure transmissions maintain confidential information. Encryption technology such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is utilised when sending information between you and the bank. Security is achieved through:
- Authentication to establish the validity of a transmission; this prevents another computer from impersonating the bank
- Encryption to scramble transmitted data over the internet
- Data integrity to verify that information sent to us has not been altered during the transmission process
10. How do we keep personal information accurate and up-to-date?
BACG aims to ensure that the personal information it hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You can contact us in order to update any personal information we hold about you. Our contact details are set out below. You have the ability to seek access to some of your personal information. You may seek access to personal information which BACG holds about you by contacting BACG’s Privacy Officer.
We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. A fee may be charged for providing access. We will advise you of the likely cost in advance.
From time to time, in our correspondence with you, we may reproduce your personal information on file, and request that you update same, with a view to maintaining your most current contact details.
BACG ensures that any commercial electronic messages it send to people’s email accounts or to their mobile phones (for example advertising a product or service) comply with its obligations under the Spam Act.
BACG obtains the consent (express or inferred) of intended recipients before it sends such messages, identifies itself as the sender, and includes instructions in all such messages so that a recipient is able to notify BACG if they do not wish to receive commercial messages or advertisements from BACG in the future.
In circumstances where BACG provides factual (and not commercial) electronic messages, or comes within any other exception to the requirements of the Spam Act, it will identify itself as the sender of the message and will provide its contact details.
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues please contact BACG’s Privacy Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 03 5760 7100
Benalla Auto Club Inc
PO Box 249
BENALLA VIC 3671
Visit us at the BACG Head Office:
41 Fox St
Winton Vic 3673